Roadrunner is an email service provider that has been gaining popularity in the recent years. It raising fame is largely due to it’s ease of use, a huge amount of storage space and uniqueness from other similar email services. But this also leads to a lot of confusion. New users may face issues because the roadrunner email usage can be quite hard to grasp easily at first. Like all great things, the awesomeness of the Roadrunner email is not unaffected by a few minor glitches here and there. So, if you repeatedly start getting any error messages or are facing difficulties in login, then this article is here to help you find the solution. We bring to you the most common Roadrunner email problems and give you tips as to how you can rectify them easily.
Roadrunner Email Problems And Quick Troubleshoots
Login error is probably the most recurring error in Roadrunner email. As soon as you try to login to your account, you will get a message saying, “The login information that you entered is incorrect”? Instinctively, you will clear the entered fields and re-enter your login ID and password again. But what if that does not work? What if the same message pops up again? Then it becomes quite annoying. To resolving this Roadrunner email problem, try following any of the troubleshoot methods given below.
- While re-entering the password keep in mind that they are case sensitive. Check if the Caps Lock key is turned off before typing in the password.
- If this does not work, then you have to try resetting your password in the Roadrunner email server settings. To do this click on the ‘reset password’ or ‘forgot password’ option that appears on the screen after the wrong entry. If you do this, a mail containing the resetting password details and guidelines will be sent to the secondary E-mail that you had given during the time of registration. Then all you have to do is fill up a form for password resetting and follow the instructions.
- Instead of ‘unable to login message’, if you get a message stating that ‘account is locked’, then resetting the password is of no use. Getting locked out of your account is also a common reason for Roadrunner email not working. This defect may be caused due to several reasons including high data traffic, interrupted the connection to the server or long periods of account inactivity. To rectify this simply wait and log in after some time, refresh and log in again. Your Roadrunner account will get unlocked automatically.
Other Roadrunner Email Problems
So the above troubleshoots seem simple enough, right? But what if the problem continues to persist even after trying to rectify it? Or what if the error is something different from the ones mentioned above? Some these other issues can include:
- The secondary email that you use to retake the forgotten password has gone out of existence, or you no longer use it.
- You have a doubt whether the email address that you are using for login is correct or not.
- You are locked out of your account seemingly permanently, because of a long gap in usage, resulting in the service provider suspending your account.
- Problems with the connection with SMTP server or issues with the outgoing email connection.
- Issues due to incorrect configuration or unresponsive server.
- Issues due to the improper setting of both IMAP and the POP.
Now all the above cannot be usually fixed by do-it-yourself troubleshoots. So if you get any error messages related to the above issues, or just have no idea about what is causing the error or why your Roadrunner email is malfunctioning, then it is time to call the customer care.