Solution 1: Clearing Host blocking firewall
- Go to start, click on Computer
- Here open C: Drive > Windows folder
- Look for System32 and open the folder
- Now look for folder named ‘drivers’
- Here open folder etc
- Under folder etc click on hosts and open the file using any text editor like notepad
- Now clear any written content or URL servers in the file and simply save the file
- Reload your page the problem will be fixed
Note: please try this very carefully, since editing host file can also terminate your internet access on your system.
Solution 2: Deal with AdBlock Extensions or Add-Ons
As I said the browser extensions can many times interfere with page layout due given its working structure. The error generally occurs in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or for such instance in any other browser which allows browser extensions.
Many times the main culprit is Adblocker extensions like AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, AdGaurd, Ghostery etc.
- For Google Chrome, Go to settings of your Browser and under extensions look for Adblock extension and delete them
- Once deleted, close all the tabs and close the program
- Open the browser and again install the Adblock extensions
- The page will load properly
Same applies for Mozilla, you can delete the Add-On and re-install it.
Solution 3: Reset Browser Settings and Clear Browsing Data
Follow below guide for Google Chrome browser
1. Click on the upper right of the browser toolbar.
2. Click More tools.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
4. Place a checkmark in the following boxes: Browsing history. Download history. Cookies and other site and plug-in data.
5. Select the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
6. Click Clear browsing data.
Please note: Clear browsing data will actually remove locally stored cache and cookies. Hence, you may need to re-login into all the website, however, the passwords and auto-form will stay in-tact.
What resolved your problem with text display?
The main culprit in my case was the Adblocking extension that was installed on Chrome browser. I temporarily deactivated the AdBlocker and refreshed the page. The content started displaying correctly without any issue.
If you have any other problem or still facing issues with the browser. Do comment below for assistance and suggestions.
Source : Website not loading in Chrome