Solutions To Fix “Unfortunately, Google App Has Stopped” Error on Android
Solution 1: Soft Reset Phone To Fix Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped
This is the very first troubleshooting that you must follow. You can do soft reset of your phone which simply means restarting your device. This is very effective solution if you have not Switched OFF your phone from very long period of time. A soft reset will power cycle your phone.
It is a very good habit that you must Switch OFF your phone every few days for few minutes, this will keep variety of issues away from your phone whether it is related to App stop working, phone working slow, etc.
Solution 2: Fix Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped By Clearing App Data & Cache
Clearing App data and cache to fix unfortunately Google app has stopped working, and such errors are very effective as it clear app data and cache files that have been accumulated due to regular usage of App from long time. Hence, it is suggested that all users must clear at least App cache for apps to work smoothly.
Here how to clear data and cache:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Swipe left until you find All.
- Scroll down to app that is creating problem and tap on it, say for example “Play Store”. Now simply tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Now check if your problem is solved or not, if not then follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Uninstall Google App Updates
Here are the steps on how to uninstall Google App updates. These steps are performed on Samsung phone.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Select Applications > Applications Manager.
- Scroll to find Google App (if you don’t see it in the list, tap the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen and then select show system apps).
- Select Google App.
- Select Uninstall Updates.
- When uninstall is complete, reboot phone.
I hope your problem should be gone now. If not, then go to next solution.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Re-install App To Troubleshoot Google App Has Stopped
In some cases, if the app is not in-built, then you can try to remove/uninstall app which is creating problem and re-install it to resolve this issue.
Solution 5: Boot Phone Into Safe Mode
In this solution we will try to find out that if third-party apps have something to do with it which is creating problem. For this, you have to reboot the phone into Safe Mode. Rebooting phone into safe mode disable all third-party apps. If the error is occurring due to third-party apps, then this error wouldn’t show up while your phone is in safe mode.
Here how to boot your phone in Safe Mode:
- Switch OFF your device.
- Press and hold Power button and when “SAMSUNG” logo appears on the screen, release the Power button.
- But as soon as you release the power button, press and hold the Volume down button and hold it until device finishes restarting.
- Safe Mode will get displayed on the left corner of the screen. When you see ‘Safe Mode’, then release the Volume down button.
Assuming that error does appear in safe mode, then find the third-party app that is creating problem (it could be recently third-party downloaded apps) and uninstall it.
Solution 6: Update your Android OS (If your Android is running on older Android version)
Updating Android OS can help you to get rid of unfortunately Google app has stopped problem. If your Android phone or tablet has an Android system update then immediately update it. This solution has actually worked for many users.
Here how to upgrade Android OS:
- On your Android phone go to Settings > About phone > About device > System update.
Here you can check and update your Android operating system.
Solution 7: Fix Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped By Factory Reset
If none of the above solution work for you then the last option left with you is to factory reset your Android phone to fix the issue.
Here how to factory reset to fix unfortunately, Google App has stopped working:
- On your device go to Settings > Backup and reset.
- Next, tap on “Factory data reset” and then tap on “Reset Device”.
- Now Tap on “Erase Everything” as shown in the screenshot below to factory reset your device.
Once factory reset process gets complete, your device will reboot automatically and you have to set it up once again and after that you will not see unfortunately Google App has stopped error anymore on your Android device.
Unfortunately, Google App has stopped Working is not a very big problem and it does mean that there is a problem in your Android device, App or in Android OS. It is random error occurs due to various reason in given situation and it can be easily fixed by following the above mentioned solutions.